Custard: Pudding: It is a dessert made out of mlik. In India we get a pack of custard powder easily available in general stors. They come in various flavours.I think this is the easiest dessert to make and very tasty also.
There are very basic steps, the keey to making the custard is ensuring that you are around and stirring the milk and custard most of the times, so that there are no lumps and the custard does not get burn after sitting at the bottom.
1. Custard powder ( any good company would do, I prefer weilkfield)
2. Milk (500 ml or 1 litre)
3. Sugar (4 tbsp for 500 ml milk)
4. Mix seasonal fruits (Banana,Apple,grapes,pear,peach etc cut in cubes)
1. Heat the milk in a container preferably with a thick bottom.Add sugar when it boils up.
2. In a separate bowl make a thin paste with 2 tbsp custard powder(for 500ml milk) and 2-3 tbsp milk.
3. When the milk starts to boil, add the paste slowly to the milk, stirring continuously and ensuring no lumps are formed.Allow it to boil for 1 minute and then take it off from the heat.
4. Cool it off before moving it to the refrigerator.Before serving add the fruits.
5. and serve chilled......