Sindhi Curry - (made from chick pea flour and vegetables like lady finger, potato and eggplant) This is one of the signature dishes of Sindhi cuisine and needless to say this had to find its way on this blog sooner or later...
1. Vegetables (Eggplant,Potatoes,Beans,Carrot,Peas etc. Try to get ladies-finger(Okra) if possible)
2. Tamarind Juice. Around 50gm dry tamarind
3. Fenugreek seeds(methi dana) 1 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds (1 tbsp)
4. Chickpea floor(Besan) around 4 heapfull tablespoons. Serves 5-6 persons.
5. Ginger(small piece), green/red Chilly(as per taste , 1 recommended),Curry leaves,Salt and Oil
1. Heat some oil in a Pan,saute cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds,Hing(Asafoetida),chillies and ginger for 2 mins
2. Add the chickpea flour and saute on medium flame
3. Saute till the flour becomes light brown. Ensure that the flour does not burn(become dark brown) due to heat.
4. Add the vegetables and saute for 5-7 mins.(Sometime you can try to fry the vegetables and add them)
5. Add water, around 1.5L,Salt and Tamarind juice and cover the pan and cook untill the vegetales are soft/cooked.
6. Check the consistency of the Curry when the vegetables are cooked. Top it with a 'Tadka' of Oil and curry leaves.Serve hot with Rice.
Comments are welcome