Poha:Flattenned Rice. Wiki link
This dish makes me nostalgic and reminds about the college days, when we used to have this mostly for our b'fast or snack at any time of day,sometimes late nights.
Again, this can be made with just simple ingredients as Salt,Onion,turmeric and Oil, but we have something more added here.
1. Poha (soaked in water for 10-15 mins). The water should be drained and the Poha should be left in the sieve to moisten up.
2. Onion,Chillies and ginger(optional)
3. Oil,Groundnut,mustard seeds,Green peas,Curry leaves, Turmeric,Chilli powder,Salt(as per taste).
Lemon and Coriander for garnish
1. Saute groundnut in Oil for 2 mins,ensure that it does not turn black.
Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and Saute for a minute.
2. Add Onion,Chillies and Ginger. Saute for 5 mins,add the peas and saute for 5 mins.
Add Chilli powder
3. Mix the turmeric and salt with Poha before mixing with the cooked masala, so that it mixes well.Add the Poha to the above mixture. Turn off the heat after 2 minutes. Cover the pan and let it get soft. Sprinkle with some drops of water before covering so that it gets some steam.
4. Add the Poha to the prepared mix. in the Pan
5. Garnish with lemon juice and coriander.
Comments are welcome!!!