Kabuli Channa.. a yummy dish made from Chickpeas and served with Indian Bread,Parantha,Rice or with the Oily Bhatura.
The below recipe is little different,since we are using the whole spices here instead of using the grounded spices. The taste justifies the extra efforts put in the recipe.
1. Soaked and Boiled chickpeas(kabuli channa) with handfull of chickpea lentils(channe ki daal) for minimum 6 hrs.Boil it so that it becomes soft.(250 gms when soaked and cooked , serves 5 person)
2.Whole Spices, which include Cumin,Cloves,Green and Black Cardomom,Coriander and Bay leaves.The below spices were used with 500 gm of Chickpeas.
3.Tomatoes (2 medium sized)
4. Finely chopped Onion,Ginger and Chilli
5. 2-3 tbsp tamarind juice(for 250 gms),salt as per taste.
1. Roast the whole spices in a pan for 10 mins on medium flame
2.Take it off the heat and keep aside
3. Saute the Onion,ginger and Chillies for 10 mins, utill the Onion is golden brown
4. Blend the grounded spices with tomatoes and friend Onions in a mixer or a blender.
(Be sure to add some water around 500 ml). Take off the blended mixture and heat it in a Pan
5. Add the boiled chickpeas and lentil,add salt and tamarind juice and allow to cook for 10 minutes.If the checkpeas are not yet soft then cook more....
6. Serve hot!!
7. Here it is served with white bread.