After some requests for this Soup, I am posting down the recipe for Spinach(Palak) Mint(Pudina) soup. This is a very healthy and light soup.Some of the ingredients are frozen/dried, depends on the availability, however fresh ingredients are always better.
1. Spinach (fresh/frozen) 250 gms
2. Peas/Sweet Corn (this will act like croutons in the soup)
3. Mint leaves (Fresh/Dried)
4. flour, 2 tbsp(daily used wheat flour)
5. Onion(1 medium sized and finely chopped, small piece of ginger,chilli)
6. Cumin/Jeera (optional), Salt,pepper and lemon juice
1.Saute the Cumin,Onion,ginger and chilli in oil for 5-10 mins untill golden brown
2. Add the chopped Spinach and mint leaves and saute for 5 mins.
3. Add the flour and saute for 5 mins
4. Add water (around 750 ml) and cover the pan and cook for 10 mins on medium flame
5. Allow to cool, add more water (250 ml) and blend it in a blender/mixer.
Sieve it through in a vessel.
6. Add salt,pepper and lemon juice as per taste and boil the soup again.
Add the peas/sweetcorn(soften them in a microwave or with the soup)
Since there are no spices in the soup,without pepper,lemon juice, the soup will be bland in taste. You may try adding some tomatoes with spinach too..
Comments are welcome..