This is a local preparation from Lithuania.People love soups here and it goes as a main dish for lunch/dinner
1. Pumpkin (around 250Gms)
2. Onion (1-2), Chilli (optional)
3. Curd/Yogurt(200 gm) or Cream (100 gms)
I prefer Curd over cream since this keeps the soup light
4. Cloves,Cardomom,Salt to taste.
1. Cut the pumpkin in small dices
2. Saute the onions,chilli.Cloves and cardamom for 10 mins on medium flame.
3. Add the pumpkin pieces and saute for 5 mins more. Add the salt.
4. Add water (arounf 500 ml) and let it boil for 8-10 mins
5. Cool it, add the curd and blend in a mixer for 15-20 desc.
If using cream, it can be aded after blending.
Pass it though a sieve.
6. Serve it hot, Add some croutons if required.