This recipe is made from Baigan/Egg Plant/Aubergine.
You will need
1. 2 Egg plants/Baigan(around 200 gm each,serves 4)
2. Finely chopped Onion(2 pcs.),Green Chillies,Ginger (as per taste)
3. Tomato Puree/Tomatoes(finely cut, 2 no.)
4. Grounded spices such as Turmeric,Chilli powder,Coriander powder and Salt
5. Peas (200 gms)
1. Apply some cooking oil on the Eggplants and roast them in a grill (20 mins,150 degrees celcius)/gas flame(5 mins)
2. The below ones are roasted in a grill since we do not have a open gas flame here as we have in India.I prefer roasting the eggplant on open gas flame.
3. Peel off the skin and mash the pulp, keep it aside for further cooking
4.Saute the onion in oil with Ginger and chillies for 10 mins
5. Add Tomatoes puree/pieces and the grounded spices, Saute for 10 more mins.
6. Add the peas and saute for 5 mins
7.Add the pulp of Eggplant and saute for 5 mins.Cover the Pan and let it cook for 5 mins.
8. Serve it hot with Indian Bread (Naan/Roti)