This recipe for Spinach,Peas and corn is the one of the easiest and fastest recipe that can be made in 20-25 mins.
Its very high in nutrition too..
1. Thoroughly cleaned and finely chopped Spinach(500 gms, serves 4). I have to depend on frozen stock, due to extreme climate here.
Defrost this for 5 mins in the microwave.
2. Peas,Corn (Frozen or fresh) (100 gms each). I do not prefer the taste from the canned ones.
Defrost this for 2 mins in the microwave.
3. Cumin,Red Chilli,Red Chilli powder,Coriander powder,Turmeric,Salt and any other spices that you generally use.
4. Tomato Puree(200gm) , make it fresh or get it from the store. You may use finely chopped 3-4 tomotoes as well, however, using the Puree will ensure that the dish is cooked fast.
1. Saute the cumin and red chilli with some Oil in the Pan for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the tomoto Puree and saute for 5 mins. Add the spices except the Salt.
3. Add the defrosted Spinach in the Pan and saute for 5 mins.
4. Add the peas,corn,Salt and water (half the quantity of the Spinach, around 200ml)
5. Cover the lid for 5 mins and let it cook for 5 mins.Open the lid thereafter and allow the remaining water to evaporate on medium flame.
Thats It. Its ready.
Can be served with Indian Bread or Rice (you would like to keep some water if you would like to have it with Rice)
6. Here I have a Indian Bread/Roti prepared from maize flour (Makke ki Roti)